Wednesday, May 12, 2004

first hours after the discovery

I told my husband about my blog... Also i couldn't stop myself and I told Jean my coworker right next to my cubicle (i hate the word cubicle) about it. I have no idea if actually she is going to read this blog ever, but it still feels good to share.

I've been looking at other blogs and they are kind of interesting. I found this one about a guy that works at a "gentlemen's club" and he was talking about his neighbor's dog.
That reminded me about this guy, his name was Manuel but everybody called him "el mono" which means "the monkey". I have no idea why the name. The point is that i never liked him and even when my parents and everybody else seemed to find him nice I just didn't like him. He was the brother of the professor of acting at the cultural center where my aun Tona was the director. Also he performed as an actor and dancer from time to time at the same place. My aunt's husband had a furniture factory near the Cultural Center and right behind my house.
So every morning we heard the workers going to his labors. El mono also worked there.
In those days I have a big siberian dog. His name was Terry.
Oh how much I loved that dog. It was a very good dog.
For some reason Terry didn't like El mono either. Both of us just looked at him from far away and tried not to be seen or heard when he was around.
One day i discovered the reasons that Terry had. Sometimes my uncle Carlos (the factory owner) would pass by and if he was in bad spirit would yell at my dog and say some bad words because Terry had the bad habit of sitting in the middle of his way out. El Mono, that would come walking right behind him would do the same but giving him a kick if Terry wasn't fast enought to hide under my dad's car. Terry knew very well that he would get into troubles if he did anything to one of my uncle's workers.
One day after Terry looked very depressed because one of those kicks actually reached him and it hurt him to the point to make him cry out loud I went and talked him out of under my dad's car.
- Don't worry my dog, when that jerk comes back, go and bite him to let him know that he doesn't have any right to you to hurt you that way.

While I was caressing his head suddenly the gate to the street opened and before I could do anything about it my dog was barking in a scary way and it went directly to bite the most delicate part in a man's body... yeap.. you guessed it.
I was paralyzed and while I saw that El Mono was holding to that part with both hands completely stained in red Terry went with the most unbelievable calm and got again under my dad's car.

El Mono headed towards the factory and I run to tell my mom about the "unfortunate accident". My mom almost fainted and run to the factory to ask about what happened. It turned out to be that the dog didn't bite him, he just squeezed enough to scare him without actually hurting and the color on his hands that i thought was blood was actually barnish with which El Mono was working. The idiot was so scared that went directly to the bathroom to examine himself and make sure that "everything was still there" and after that he had to put up with my mother yelling at him in front of everybody else for kicking the dog and telling him how well deserved was the punishment.

After that episode, everything was simpathy for my dog, although Terry wouldn't wag his tail for anybody out of the family.

good dog!

2 comments:

WW said...

*grin*

so many stories that you've got....

Anonymous said...

Hi Sweetpie. That was a very interesting story about your dog Terry. I think you should find out from your family why Manuel was called the monkey. That might make for another interesting story. Keep us posted!